one touch setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
did some chicken weds using the firebricks.. i had the non wheeled leg toward the wind with the coals on tht side, pan under the chicken on the other side with the vent over the birds, hope that was right.. actually used some harwood briquettes form fresh market, started with a 3/4 lit chimney starter.. temp got pretty hot but 325 too 350 on bird side which is what i wanted, also used soime cherry chunks, came out awesome!! if i wanted too cook at 250 what are the suggestions in this setup for coal amount??? thanx much

glenn in SC

minion method and lessen the lower vent openings. also i truely believe that foiling the coal grate up to where the coals are really helps in the control of temps.

thanx george.

gonna try it with a rack of loinbacks thurs.. did a 1lb flank steak yesterday using firebrick setup and cooked it for 65 minutes..i could not beleive the smoke ring i got.. better than the 2 pork butts i cooked for ten hours very weird...

thanx glenn in SC

thanx george:

did a 2.5lb loinback rack yesterday.. used bout have a chimney of unlit Stubbs natrual briquettes and added bout 8 partially lit coals and some oak and hickory.. it went awesome!! cooked for bout 3.5 hours and temp stayed around 250 the whole time, could have cooked for 4 hours.. set my firebrick wall at bout the 7 spaces on the grate and fouiled the non fire side.. really happy with my results..

glenn in SC,, Love the Kettle!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back