Old propane tanks with quick connect

Mark Kaufman

I have one full and one half full tank of propane and it has a quick connect on it. I don't have any grills or other propane fueled devices that use the quick connect. Are there any options where I can use the propane? I have the hose and regulator that are used with the quick connect system, but they don't fit on any manifold that I have.

The easiest thing to do if you don't have the fill adapter anymore is to get a fitting that allows you to hook up the hose and regulator to your current grill. I know the male fitting on the quick connect hose/regulator is 1/8 NPT. I want to say that most newer grills take a 3/8 female fitting.

The easiest thing to do if you don't have the fill adapter anymore is to get a fitting that allows you to hook up the hose and regulator to your current grill. I know the male fitting on the quick connect hose/regulator is 1/8 NPT. I want to say that most newer grills take a 3/8 female fitting.
3/8 flare nut fitting. Once we see a photo of where he wants to use it should be an easy go at it

Thanks for the information, however if I have to spend $20'ish to get $30 worth of propane, I will pass. If anyone is in central ohio and can use these tanks and regulator please let me know.

Thanks for the information, however if I have to spend $20'ish to get $30 worth of propane, I will pass. If anyone is in central ohio and can use these tanks and regulator please let me know.
Hi Mark, You should be able to swap that male connector onto a modern regulator hose assembly if you have one.

There is a brass fitting inside the black Acme nut on a modern regulator hose assembly that connects to the propane tank. You can remove that brass fitting if it is a hex nut with an 18mm deep socket and replace it with the male connector from your old regulator hose assembly

I seriously doubt you have to spend $20 for a simple fitting. Get a pic of the connector on the grill and we can guide you into using that gas

Back