Ok I think I like this one, wonder what it will cost?

yeah I saw that too. Based on the size I would think it is about twice the size of an Arduino board. That makes it pretty big and I assume the price will be somewhere beyond $50. also the USB ports are integrated in a way that you can't plug a wifi dongle directly in so they'll have to hang off.

A nifty board but probably not a good heater meter.

Isn't it weaker than the Pi in both the CPU and amount of RAM, at least model B?

That said, seeing x86 scale this small is only a good thing.

Last edited:
On RAM it is, but ARM and Pentium architecture are pretty different. That means an x86 would be faster clock for clock than ARM RISC code. Whether or not it is twice or three times as fast as it would need to be to beat a Pi I guess we'll have to see. The best thing is hopefully code compiled on a normal PC with -march=pentium runs on it which is a huge bonus for people who hate setting up cross-compiling environments like me.

I read $60 somewhere today.
I'm sticking with my beaglebone, assuming the OS & bonescript get an update soon. Learning a lot, but not accomplishing anything useful because I'm fighting things that should be built-in.

The TRE is really interesting, but I believe totally overkill for this application. That thing can be used for whole home automation and modelling.

Back