Nick from West Lafayette

Nick Bonora

Thanks for the adding me to the group. I found you this morning while trying to do some research. I just picked up a Weber Platinum Series II 3400 grill from a neighbor. I know it's an older model grill, but he keeps all his stuff in immaculate condition so I jumped at it. It is the natural gas version. Unfortunately there is no convenient way to extend a gas line, or one close enough to tie into to set the grill up in my back yard so I am looking to convert it to LP. I read your article recommending replacing the entire manifold. I went looking for one online but I don't want to purchase the incorrect manifold, or a cheap knockoff that will fail. Hoping you can point me in the right direction. Many Thanks,-N

Welcome Nick,

There's a wealth of good info from the crew here. Glad you joined.

my suggestion is post in the buy/sell/trade forum that you are looking for one.

Can you post a picture of the control panel, the piece on the RH side where the knobs come through? A pic that shows the number in the lower left corner will help identify the manifolds that will match that grill.

We love pics so maybe post a nice shot of the 3400 as you adopted it.

Cheers,

Hi, Nick. You are also going to need a tank panel and scale to hang the propane tank on in addition to the manifold. I would personally look for a used Genesis 1000 grill to source the parts from.
Thank you Steve, I'll look for one of those. The grill is going to sit on a limestone bed next to my charcoal weber table, so I am also thinking about building a cabinet for the propane tank. But that will be down the road a bit.

Thank you for all the greetings and helpful information so quickly. @DanHoo below is the picture of the control panel. Is 8006 the number you were referring to? I still can't believe my neighbor was giving this away.
View attachment 96552View attachment 96553
very nice !

the 8006 number on the control panel is what I was looking for. a manifold from any Genesis 1,2,3 or 1000, 2000, 3000 etc will work.

I agree with @Steve Hoch to find a Genesis 1000 in just about any condition as a donor for the manifold. The manifolds are quite durable, and you'll have the natural gas one available if the opportunity is there to use it.

Back