New Weber 330 replacing rusted out Genesis. Great advise here thank you!!

John Edge

I had a Genesis that served me well but the cart rusted to the point that I was trying to figure out how to replace it. I then found a brand new 330 from 2015 on Facebook Marketplace. It was purchased years ago and never installed. After reading restoration posts here I went and picked up some Rustoleum Massey Ferguson Grey rust preventer and put a heavy coat on all the cart joints, vents, and bolts. Inside and out and underneath. I put enough on that it dripped though some of the gaps in the car joints, so I think I was able to coat any hidden scratches where rust might start. I also have a vented cover. Let me know if I missed anything.

Now the crazy part, I was going to scrap the grill, but after finding this forum I thought someone may actually want this grill. Cookbox and grates were good and I had brand new burners in a box. I bought those when all it needed was a good cleaning, so I saved them for later. I put pictures on Craigslist for a free grill and sure enough someone came to get it. He had another and is going to rehab it.

Welcome John,

Feel free to post a few pics of the new and old one.

Is your new 2015 330 a Genesis 330 ? If so that's a great gas grill. I happen to have one.

What model was your old grill ? Did you keep the parts? If you have still them you never know who might need them.

Welcome John,

Feel free to post a few pics of the new and old one.

Is your new 2015 330 a Genesis 330 ? If so that's a great gas grill. I happen to have one.

What model was your old grill ? Did you keep the parts? If you have still them you never know who might need them.
New one is a genesis 330 like yours with the Stainless Lid. The old was a Genesis from around 2008. Not sure which one. I bought it used. I was looking for a Natural Gas one since I was burning a ton of propane and found one that was sitting because the person had moved and had no Natural Gas. It replaced a really pretty looking Kitchenaid branded piece of crap that was too big and the entire cover was vented out the back so the heat escaped. Grilling in winter required me throwing a towel over it, until I caught one on fire. Not good on a wooden deck. Then I went and got a welding blanket.

Actually the guy who took the old grill off my hands said he had the same one and was going to take the best parts from both and build a new one. Who knows maybe he just wanted the free new burners. Saved me a lot of effort. My deck in on the second story above a walkout basement and its a lot of steps going down. My wife was out of the house so I slid it on a moving blanket through the kitchen over our new hardwood floors and into the garage. That, she will never know about.

Back