New to thread and smoking...

David Garza

So I've had a gas grill and was always happy with the results. I then started looking into how else I can cook outdoors. The idea of smoking and controlling fire always made me nervous until I started doing some research. I read about the mini wsm and the rest is history. On my first cook I did some drumsticks then a week later I did my first brisket. I am super excited about this thing and the idea of getting a big smoker is looking like reality!!! I finished the drumsticks a few minutes on the grill to get crispy skin. The brisket wasn't as dark or crusty as I've seen others being but it was still amazing!!!

Now for pictures...
IMG_20120613_210404.jpg

IMG_20120613_211418.jpg

IMG_20120618_173235.jpg

IMG_20120618_173219.jpg

Good looking chicken and brisket David! You will find the brisket more tender if you cut against the grain, other than that welcome aboard!

Welcome to the board brother Dave.Those mini smokers are hard to beat as I see you already know.They are easy to use and very economical.Thats some nice looking cooks you have there.

Thank you all for the welcome and comments. I didn't pay any attention that I cut with the grain when I was cutting. I was too anxious to stuff my face.
icon_smile.gif
That's on my to do list for next time.

Welcome David! Man, if you only knew how many good cuts O' meat I had to destroy while learning...

Looks like your research paid off Sir! All Looks Great!

Back