New OTS 22,5

Stacy Hudson

TVWBB Member
I was a Weber virgin until I got my coveted WSM. I have been the grill wench at my house for years, but wanted to move to smoking, and time and circumstance delayed this. Finally got my WSM and have not looked back. Current grill gave up the gusto and found a great deal on a Weber 22.5 in OTS. Going to assemble tomorrow. Kiddo asked if we were going to have a yummy dinner tomorrow. Happily responded yes! Loving life right now, and accepting any suggestions that yall have!

If your new to charcoal, I would do a nice ribeye first. You will wonder how you lived without charcoal all these years after the first bite
icon_smile.gif

Don't forget to throw on a handful of hickory chips when you grill your steaks. I also highly recommend a good lump charcoal for grilling things instead of briquettes.

I agree. You are going to love it. It is a more flexible appliance than a gaser and even the WSM.

If there are just two of you, smoking small portions of meat works well as does what it was invented for, grilling.

Two suggestions I can make are get a chimney starter and a good pair of gloves. These will make life easy and safe.

Best of luck and good dinning!

TY to all that have replied. I realized after hitting the post button that I had a typo. I purchased a silver, not a gold, but I am none the less happier!

In response to the recommendations, I have always been a charcoal girl, made one foray into gas, did not like, and went back...much like my preference into manual transmissions...I like the control that I have in the flavor.

Since getting my WSM I have been using RO lump, which I am now in love with. The quality of the fire and the flavor without wood has made me happy, and is all that I have used in my smoker, and so far my grill. I have some Stubbs briquettes that I got on sale that I have used for grilling, and some Kingsford blue ( about 100 LBS, gotta love rainchecks). I am planning on using the surface area for smoking, but will still probabaly use my smoker for smoking, since it is so efficient. We will see.

Really enjoying my journey so far... and **** if it isnt tasty!

Also, I always use a chimney with newsprint, and have welder gloves for my smoker and griller time, and use surgical gloves for handling the rested meat. There are benefits for working in surgery!

Back