New member. (Kent)

K Seifert

Good morning to all brothers and sisters of the Weber family. I’m a new member but been using Weber’s for over 40 years. 18.5” kettle, e310 gas, Performer, Smokey Joe, Q and yes I recently bought a Summit charcoal. Please don’t judge me, I got a really good deal on it. Been saving for a long time for possibly my grill for retirement. I think they were trying to move them.
I agree w/ posts that they should have a price point where more people would consider them. I couldn’t pass the opportunity to get it at the cost offered. One thing I can tell you is they do an excellent job of holding temperature due to the double walled bowl and lid. Now I have to work out how much charcoal for long cooks (brisket this weekend). Already used it almost every day since purchase two weeks ago. Love the diffuser plate. Keeps things from burning. Any helpful suggestions much appreciated. Will never give up my other Weber’s. Looking forward to hearing any advice you may have. Never too old to learn. Thanks.

Hi Kent, WELCOME!!!!!!

You sound like you are going to fit right in here. As I tell new members, I don't know a thing about the grills, but if you need a recipe, I am here to help. ;)

Good morning to all brothers and sisters of the Weber family. I’m a new member but been using Weber’s for over 40 years. 18.5” kettle, e310 gas, Performer, Smokey Joe, Q and yes I recently bought a Summit charcoal. Please don’t judge me, I got a really good deal on it. Been saving for a long time for possibly my grill for retirement. I think they were trying to move them.
I agree w/ posts that they should have a price point where more people would consider them. I couldn’t pass the opportunity to get it at the cost offered. One thing I can tell you is they do an excellent job of holding temperature due to the double walled bowl and lid. Now I have to work out how much charcoal for long cooks (brisket this weekend). Already used it almost every day since purchase two weeks ago. Love the diffuser plate. Keeps things from burning. Any helpful suggestions much appreciated. Will never give up my other Weber’s. Looking forward to hearing any advice you may have. Never too old to learn. Thanks.
I just got my Summit Charcoal Grill yesterday, didn't get a good deal on it, don't regret it, and don't care if anyone judges me!

Welcome, Kent!

Guy I would get a charcoal summit in a heartbeat just out of my price point with three teen and preteen kids running around. Right now I just love cooking on my WSM and my Master Touch. Welcome!

Back