Need help repairing Chargrill gas grill -- ignitor position?

JeffB

TVWBB Pro
I recently repaired my gas grill by replacing most of the interior parts, including the ignitor unit. The ignitor tip obviously must be positioned near the gas "paddles" inside the unit so the spark will ignite a flame. My ignitor tip is positioned over the back corner of the paddle directly above a hole.

I got it to light yesterday but I'm concerned that the flame actually touches the tip of the ignitor and actually ignited the tip of the ignitor yesterday. Can that be correct?! Won't that destroy the ignitor? On the other hand how else would it ignite the gas if not located right next to the flame?

Another thing I noticed is that when the unit was on high, the flames were not very big on any of the three paddles. The flames were blue but smallish (maybe 1 inch out of the paddles) which makes me question if enough gas is getting through to the grill. By the way, it's a brand new full propane tank open 100%.

Questions, comments and suggestions all welcome.

Thanks for reading.

About the small flames, has the regulator ever had any problems? Sometimes a partially blocked or damaged regulator
will result in smaller flames. About the ignitor, maybe the Chargriller site would have a diagram or specs for it.

Yeah, those thoughts had passed my mind. I'll have to check into it. Thanks for the comments.

Does anybody else have a Charbroil gas grill who would not mind taking a quick look to see where the tip of the ignitor is located in relation to the gas paddles and flames?

Thanks!

Back