Need a quick and dirty answer - Genesis Silver C height?

LeeHarvey

TVWBB Pro
The catalog only lists the height with the lid open. I’m trying to figure out if I can lay it on its back and fit it in the back of my Mazda CX-9.

Thanks guys. I figured if somebody had any helpful pointers or warnings, they’d chime in. I know that in theory the lid comes off easily, but I’ve also seen the pin rust itself to either the lid or the box.

If this pans out, it’ll be my second free pick-up and refurb. It’s a little bit different than the Q that I did before, though.

43.25" to top of lid

37.25 to top of rear hinge mount on cookbox.

29.75 to top of frame

2002 vintage.

Later years like 2005 with the thermometer in the center may be slightly taller.

I would remove the lid if possible.

My usual method is to remove the lid, tank, grates, flavorizer bars and anything else that pops off easily before turning sideways. The lighter you can make it the better. Also a dropcloth to protect the vehicle from goo.

My usual method is to remove the lid, tank, grates, flavorizer bars and anything else that pops off easily before turning sideways. The lighter you can make it the better. Also a dropcloth to protect the vehicle from goo.
This^^.
I have a '15 Honda CRV. Just about any grill should fit in your CX-9.
I drape an old blanket over the hatch threshold and cover it with a large piece of cardboard, remove items as Scott said, turn the grill sideways, and slide it in (the hinge bosses may hang up on the cardboard when sliding. Note that there will be mess from anything in the cookbox. Once in, put a blanket over the recess between the frame and cookbox, and place the cover there. I have another old towel to put the remaining (greasy/ dirty) items on for the trip home.
I've taken grills like this (with side burner and tank) by myself. Just have to get them out of the car and hidden before the wife gets home.
redhead.jpg

Back