My "WSM de Luxe"

I had to add a cross piece to the legs because the legs were tending to "spread" under the extra weight of the WSM (see post Sept 18). I noticed what was happening when one wheel just about fell off because the legs were pushing the wheels outwards and had popped off a wheel retainer push nut.I added a piece of all thread between the two legs to keep them from spraeding.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Marco:
...I noticed a couple of guys examining it, taking photos and writing notes.

Turned out they were Weber employess.I had a chat with them about my WSM and they were very impressed.

DM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you tell them that folks on this board are really really hoping they would build a 22.5" WSM?

sometimes you hate to read forums -

now I am on a mission to find a Weber One Touch Platinum.. hehe
icon_smile.gif

Don,

Your mods are inspiring, indeed. My plan is to implement many of your ideas on my own WSM. I do have a question, however. You claim complete satisfaction with the Smokey Joe Platinum vents. One amazon.com review of the Smokey Joe Platinum claims, "They (Weber) made a big mistake moving the vent holes from the traditional place on the bottom of the kettle to the sides. It completely changes the air flow and the result is a consistently cold fire."

My questions: Based on your experience, if you built this gem again, would you drill the SJP vents any lower? Did you place these vents in the same position as Weber had done with the SJP?

When I get mine built (assuming I am able to find a suitable OTP), I fully intend to name it after you. Excellent work!

Back