My Red Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Rudko

TVWBB Member
I caught the bug from hanging around on this board too much and decided I "needed" a red kettle. A few weeks ago a 22.5" came up on Craigslist and I bought it sight unseen for 15 bucks. Turned out to be an "F" from '84. Well-used but well-maintained. No rust and fairly minor porcelain loss, mainly to the bottom part of the kettle. Wood handles in good shape. Came with one of the old corn and potato roasting rings and the charcoal rails. Grates in good shape. Lots of use still left in it. I'm a very happy camper.

-Mike

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

You should be reported to the police -cops...
cause that was one heck of a steal!!!!
icon_cool.gif

Tim

Outstanding!

Was this the one on the Grad Rapids Michigan Craigslist??

You'll get years and years of use and fun from that redhead.

Pat

No. This one came from southern MA. I wasn't in town at the time and had to have my mom pick it up for me. Thanks, mom!

This one was in Easton, MA. Went up with no pic and very little info. The title was something like, Outside Charcoal Grill.

Saw your post, congrats on teh red kettle. Ihave a red perfomer from 1998. I just noticed the other day that I have quite a few spots of rust on the porcelain on the lower half. I also have one spot about the size of a half dollar. Are any suggestions posted anywhere to repair the porcelian, and prevent further rusting?

i have a 91 red performer that had a couple rusty spots.i used a dremel and a sanding disc to carefully remove as little as was necessary. worked great.i dont think you are gonna be able to patch the porcelian. pick up some red high temp engine paint and you're good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back