**My latest Cajun Bandit Mod**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
I scored an OTG the other day and removed the ash pan assembly and mounted it on my OTS Cajun Bandit.

Before
IMG_1163.jpg

After
IMG_1471.jpg

Needless to say the OTG was a Green "DA" (2001) and the ash pan assembly has 3 prongs that clip into the leg sockets-no tools required and a snap to convert. Something to think about if anyone wishes to upgrade.

I just ordered a 22" WSM Upgrade kit from C&C Grillin Co. and they are offering free shipping-enter vwb for discout code.

Nice! I scored a Weber 22" BB-Kettle (three bottom vents) a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to make it the bottom of my CB - that'll give me the same vent configuration as the WSM, which I hope will help with fire control. Still, having the One Touch system to clean out ash during a cook is nice.

We'll have to see what wins out!

Maybe install a One Touch system on the BB-Kettle bowl and have the best of both worlds.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Nice! I scored a Weber 22" BB-Kettle (three bottom vents) a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to make it the bottom of my CB - that'll give me the same vent configuration as the WSM, which I hope will help with fire control. Still, having the One Touch system to clean out ash during a cook is nice.

We'll have to see what wins out!

Maybe install a One Touch system on the BB-Kettle bowl and have the best of both worlds.

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I added three daisy vents at the charcoal grate level and used it for a couple cooks and found it very hard to maintain low temps. I too thought the best of both worlds theory was a great idea, but I swapped that bottom out with another OTS.

I use a lot of visual confirmation (aka eyeballing it) to get the vent set right on my CB. Does the OTG ash catcher make that harder? Do you still use visuals, or mark the ash catcher at your favorite settings, or what?

Also, it looks like your original charcoal bowl had a OTS ash catcher with OTG handles. What's up with that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake S:
I use a lot of visual confirmation (aka eyeballing it) to get the vent set right on my CB. Does the OTG ash catcher make that harder? Do you still use visuals, or mark the ash catcher at your favorite settings, or what?

Also, it looks like your original charcoal bowl had a OTS ash catcher with OTG handles. What's up with that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I scored an OTG off CL and removed the ash can assembly and added it to my Cajun Bandit. It has the One Touch vane increments on the bracket. The assembly bracket has 3 tabs that lock into the gap on the kettle leg sockets-no tools needed to R&R. So, the Green kettle on the Right is a "DA"(2001) formerly the OTG is now an OTS!

IMG_1469.jpg

Brian,are you saying that the one touch is a better setup for the CB than the 3 vent bowl?
I thought that the 3 vent would give you better control

Brian,
It looks like the free shipping from C & C only applies for the 22" upgrade, I tried it for the 18" door and shipping charges shows up when you get to checkout---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back