My first renovation....

Hey Darryl, I am also about to restore one i picked up also. Mine too is in pretty good condition, with the exception of the timber (not as bad as yours sounds) but the bottom trolley is a bit rusty. Particularly the frame that hold the timber, it is basically rusted away. I just restored a Genesis Silver C and powder coating the frame is the way to go for sure, but i need to fix or replace these z shaped brackets. The timber I can get from the local hardware store, not exact but it is close. I assume you could find the same at you local home depot, Lowes or Ace. I would be interested to see if anyone reading has had to replace these, and if there is anything still available. I am in Australia and while I have been surprised by the amounts the local Weber office has, relatively cheap too, these are certainly not available. I need to source them. This BBQ in Australia is a little different, but i just love a red top. I look forward to seeing how your renovation goes. All the best.

Hey Darryl, I am also about to restore one i picked up also. Mine too is in pretty good condition, with the exception of the timber (not as bad as yours sounds) but the bottom trolley is a bit rusty. Particularly the frame that hold the timber, it is basically rusted away. I just restored a Genesis Silver C and powder coating the frame is the way to go for sure, but i need to fix or replace these z shaped brackets. The timber I can get from the local hardware store, not exact but it is close. I assume you could find the same at you local home depot, Lowes or Ace. I would be interested to see if anyone reading has had to replace these, and if there is anything still available. I am in Australia and while I have been surprised by the amounts the local Weber office has, relatively cheap too, these are certainly not available. I need to source them. This BBQ in Australia is a little different, but i just love a red top. I look forward to seeing how your renovation goes. All the best.
Paul, there is a guy here in the states that makes reproduction zbars out of stainless steel. I have used them on my own grill. Your options may be limited to refinishing the ones you already have or finding a substitute for them. This is a picture of the stainless steel ones I bought with some new wood.IMG_20230921_061219257.jpg

Paul, there is a guy here in the states that makes reproduction zbars out of stainless steel. I have used them on my own grill. Your options may be limited to refinishing the ones you already have or finding a substitute for them. This is a picture of the stainless steel ones I bought with some new wood.View attachment 85084
That looks awesome. My father in law reckons he know someone so I'll see how that goes. Cheers.

Back