My fat frame Genesis now needs a side burner control panel.

MarkCuda

TVWBB Super Fan
My fat frame Genesis I got a few weeks ago has both control panels in need of replacement because of sun fading.
I'm working on a cookbox control panel, now it's time to test the waters on a side burner control panel.
What ya got, I will pay good money for something great to excellent, no fading is a must.
I don't need the burner flip up cover.

Mark, post a couple pictures of that side burner so everyone knows what to look for. I come across side burners for sale all the time and a lot of times they are still new in the box.

Ok, yeah that's the same one that my Genesis 4000 has. I'm almost positive that @TomRc has/had a brand new one of those. Of course, he might not be willing to part with it.

The people that had this grill never heard of a cover 🤔
I took the valve apart and cleaned it, I messed with it for a hour getting the knob in the right direction 😊
Hey, if you didn't strip out one of those little valve screws I call that a win. I really do think that constant sunlight is what messes up the finish on all these panels. It's really unfortunate that they aren't still available to purchase, but I guess you can't expect Weber to keep making all the parts for 25 yr. old plus grills.

I for the life of me can't see how a person can strip the little screws holding the valve cover on 🤔
I've had a few apart now and maybe I'm still being gentle with them😁

I for the life of me can't see how a person can strip the little screws holding the valve cover on 🤔
I've had a few apart now and maybe I'm still being gentle with them😁
I've done it and I was being careful. That's why I try not to take them apart if I don't have to.

Back