My Dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Colby

TVWBB Member
Ok so not to long ago i bought a blue ss performer. Also before that I transformed a otg into a performer. I really want the green otg transformer in the ss table. the problem with this is the ss is gas assist and the transformer is not. So my dilema is do i
(A)drill the green for the gas assist,or
(B)see if I can remove the gas assist.

then comes the next issue. the blue has the hole in it for the gas assist. I would like to put it in the cart. Does it really matter that it would have the hole in it.

Steve - you'll have to ship both the Transformer and the Blue Performer to my Weber Workshop. I can have everything set up for you by 4th of July!

You can remove the gas assist on the Blue then drop in the Green and just light it with a weed torch (I have an extra I can bring you) or chimney. Or you can drill a hole in the Green for the gas assist - just measured off of the Blue. If you want to seal off the hole on the blue, you can get a round punch out plug at Lowes with flanges to hold it in place. I think they come in different sizes.

I need to send you some pics of my 18" kettle rescue and rehab. It's about ready to try out.

Pat

I didn't see any readon either. the only thing about all of it is do I really want to drill a hole in the green for the gas assist. I guess I can always do that later if I want.

Thanks Pat. Doing this gives me a winter project for part of a day. Especially after seeing the snow fly and trying to accumulate this morning on my way in to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back