My CL finds- 1997 SS performer and a 2001 18.5" OTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Guerber.

TVWBB Super Fan
So I have been bitten by the Weber bug. I bought a Char-Griller a few months back since it was inexpensive. I was doing a lot of indirect cooking on it so I decided I should try a smoke. So, I bought a WSM a month or so ago and I couldn't believe how much better it seemed to be built then the cheap Char-griller. Weber's quality is top-notch.

I started looking for used kettles around my area. We go camping a lot so I wanted an 18.5" to take with us since it is lightweight and large enough to cook for 2-4 people.

I found an 18.5" One touch Silver for $5 locally. It was in very good shape. Washed it down and grilled on it the next evening.

$5 Craislist find
005.jpg

Then 2 days later I found an SS performer for $20. The guy threw in a 20lb bag of Competition charcoal, a chimney, cover and the Charcoal trays. He had it advertised as just a 22.5" weber grill for $40. I offered $20 over the phone since he was local and he said he just needed it gone. I had no idea it was a Performer. When I saw it I was pretty excited. He took $20 without even hesitating.

I went and picked it up. Took it apart and painted the frame and cleaned it up a little. It turned out very nice and it should last me a long time.

Before
003.jpg

After- Sorry, bad lighting
008-1.jpg

Now, I am on the lookout for a 26'er or a nice Redhead. We grill here pretty much 6-7 days a week and have Sunday football over at our place. Now I can cook for a crowd

First Brisket I did last weekend on the smoker-
005-1.jpg

Great finds Scott, Congrates. Just shows there are deals to be found out there. You just have to be persistent and lucky. Helps if you live in a Target Rich Environment too.
icon_wink.gif
(Sorry Terry H.)

Thanks, If you ever see anything down in So. Cal I would be happy to pick it up for you. Maybe you could do the same for up North for me?
icon_smile.gif
It seems like you have some nice deals up your way. It seems that there is a lot of black Webers around my area. I want some different colors in my collection now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Guerber.:
Thanks, If you ever see anything down in So. Cal I would be happy to pick it up for you. Maybe you could do the same for up North for me?
icon_smile.gif
It seems like you have some nice deals up your way. It seems that there is a lot of black Webers around my area. I want some different colors in my collection now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure thing, just let me know. My Brother in-law lives in Tustin but my Niece goes to Cal Lu. All we'd have to is work out the pick up details.

great finds for sure. i thought my near new 18 was great at $10 but ya beat me ! that ss performer has got to be one of the best i've seen.

holy cow! $25 and you have two great grills! I must live too far south in California to find those kind of deals. Congrats!

Someone call the cops in California.....there's been a robbery! I'm jealous of that performer! Nice Score. It is fun to clean those things up and getting them looking new again. I am holding out for a blue one, I may just get a brand new one though, the wait is killing me
icon_mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back