My 80$ CL Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian J

TVWBB Member
I just picked up a Performer on craigslist for 80 bucks, Cover included. I like it allot. It fired off on the first push. It does have a little scratching on the stainless. Its not that bad but does anybody know if you can buff or pollish them out?[IMG:top] [/IMG]

C'mon now. Post pics! :p Don't worry about the scratching. It's just character. War wounds. I have two stainless steel Performers...and will add another if the opportunity presents itself. The new plastic ones are just...crap....to me.

Thanks for the info Big Phil, I will give it a try.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I`m not used to uploading onto a website. is there an easy way?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ian J:

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I`m not used to uploading onto a website. is there an easy way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try this Ian How to post pictures

If you need more help let us know.

I tried some super fine steel wool to get out some scratches on the performers stainless. OH Boy! I ran out of elbow grease. I went to 600 then 800 grit wet/dry sand paper, and I used it wet. I went real careful at first on the back side of the lid to see how it would do and it worked great. Definatly, you have go with the grain.

For the record, I was not going for perfection. I just had a few spots that looked like somebody got crazy against the grain with something coarse. I still have some battle scars that I have no problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back