Modifying a One Touch silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick O'Neil

Is it possible to add the one touch GOLD ash catcher to a one touch SILVER grill? If so, does weber sell it separately and is it hard to attach? I also want to add the grooved handle and wire (along with shorter legs) so that I can essentially create a portable Smokey Joe Platinum w/ proper ventilation and an ash catcher - but those questions will come later I guess...
Thanks, Rick

you'll need to take a dremel and cut a notch where each leg attaches to the charcoal bowl to attach the ring for the ash catcher. its easy to do i had to go that route on my performer rebuild. you'll need the ash catcher ring, handle and bowl.
parts 11 12 & 13
the locking handle fits an 18" sj platinum. the ots is an 18.5. i not sure it would work

Rick, I had no trouble attaching an OTG ash-catcher assembly to my 2006 22.5" OTS. I did not need a dremel or any other tool, as the notches that Tim C mentioned were pre-cut in the leg sockets.

I have a Smokey Joe Gold used for camping, but want a larger unit. Since I have been unable to locate a Smokey Joe Platium, I am considering adding the OTG system to a used 18.5 silver. Is the ash catcher for the 22.5 the same? Anybody know the cost of ordering the OTG parts from Weber?
Thanks

i think the parts were about $30 for the 3 pieces you'd need.
the one i rebuilt was a 1991. guess it'd make sense to have all the charcoal bowls interchangeable. they must have done that at some point
looking at the schematics the part #'s for the ash catcher rings are different for the 18 and 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back