Mexican Burgers

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This is the honest truth - I asked DH to pick some numbers at random using the index binder of recipes made since the late 80's that received a "Very Good" rating. This is the recipe that came up. Originally made 4-21-10 and it was so good that we made it again 5-30-10, and apparently forgot all about it.

Mexican Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup fine-chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. tequila, optional
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1/4 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper

8 slices sourdough bread
1 tomato, sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced

1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Combine ingredients and make 4 patties.
2. Grill patties 4 minutes; turn. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes for medium. Toast bread lightly on grill, if desired.
3. Place 2 toast slices on each of four plates; top one of the slices on each plate with a burger. Top burger with tomato and avocado slices,

Source: Sun Sentinel-June 2004

This is the honest truth - I asked DH to pick some numbers at random using the index binder of recipes made since the late 80's that received a "Very Good" rating. This is the recipe that came up. Originally made 4-21-10 and it was so good that we made it again 5-30-10, and apparently forgot all about it.

Mexican Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. tequila, optional

8 slices sourdough bread
1 tomato, sliced

1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Combine ingredients and make 4 patties.
2. Grill patties 4 minutes; turn. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes for medium. Toast bread lightly on grill, if desired.
3. Place 2 toast slices on each of four plates; top one of the slices on each plate with a burger. Top burger with tomato and avocado slices,

So, I'd leave them open faced, add a fried egg on top, and add some hatch green chilies and serve with pinto or refried beans on the side. That's a huevos rancheros burger. lol I guess I can't leave well enough alone.

Mexican Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. tequila, optional

8 slices sourdough bread
1 tomato, sliced

This was last nights dinner. DH used Kobe beef. He gave it a "delicious" rating, I gave it a "good" rating. I did like the avocado in it, but of course did not have the jalapeno. lol. Did not have fresh Cilantro, used Cilantro paste. Had it on French Hamburger Buns.

OK, so I didn't post a picture, BUT, what do you think of the burger? Is it Mexican enough?

Back