1.5 lbs potatoes
5 eggs
1 cup mayo
1 onion diced
4 T yellow mustard
6 T dill relish
2 t salt
1 t pepper
a few drops of crab boil (liquid concentrate)
1 t paprika*

Peel and quarter potatoes, add a few drops of liquid crab boil concentrate, and the diced onion and bring to a low boil until the potatoes are tender all the way thru (15 minutes)

Bring eggs just to a boil covered then turn off heat and let sit on hot burner for 5 minutes. Remove from stove and shock in ice bath.*

Drain potatoes and coarsly break them up with a wood spoon - think chunky mashed potatoes.*

Mix mayo and mustard until creamy. Add sliced eggs to potato mash and mix, then add relish, then the mayo-mustard blend and finally salt and pepper to taste or use the guide line above. Mix until combined and spoon the salad into a serving dish / casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika for garnish. Refrigerate to marry flavors and serve chilled with family and friends.*

We never have leftovers when my girlfriend makes this and my family fights over the last bites. She has been making this with her mee-maw ever since she could remember and never had a recipe just made it to taste. I watched diligently as she made it for a family dinner tonite and copied down as best as I could follow. The egg on top was a 6th egg cause 5 tasted right to her so she garnished the top with the extra one.*

Hope u enjoy this southern style family potato salad recipe! **

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzAtMjAxMDEwMzEtMTIzMS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzEtMjAxMDEwMzEtMTIzNS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzMtMjAxMDEwMzEtMTI0My5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzItMjAxMDEwMzEtMTI0Mi5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
How can you not love something called Mee-Maw Potato Salad?! Looks homey and yummy Kaz. And I thought I was the only one that had a mee-maw...
icon_wink.gif

Back