Manifold swap

Joel Isen

Back to doing some grill rehab again with the winter weather behind now. I have a Genesis Silver B, probably around year 2000, that is NG that I am doing for a friend. It was his mother in laws. He needs LP. I just today picked up a 2005 Genesis Gold LP. Would that manifold work on the Silver B? I haven't started pulling apart this Gold to have a look to compare the manifolds. BTW, the Gold is in amazing condition, but I am not so sure that I really like the stainless hood. Seems flimsy and may be hard to clean the inside of it.

The 2005 Gold manifold will work just fine on the Silver B.

There is a subtle difference between the vales on older Silver B's and the newer Silver B's and Golds. The newer valves rotate a little farther. I don't know when they changed. I have a 2000 Silver B, and noticed it differently on a 2002 Gold.

The older valves rotate from 12 o-clock, (counter clockwise) to about 5 o-clock.
The newer valves rotate from 12 o-clock, (counter clockwise) to about 3 o-clock.

I had some pics showing the differences somewhere. You could also use the control panel from the gold if you wanted the valve rotation to match the graphics on the control panel.

And I'm with you on the Stainless hood. I prefer the enamel hoods over the stainless.

Back