Looking for Maverick probe thermistor data table

Bryan Mayland

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I know someone here has emailed Maverick asking for the thermistor data sheet used in the ET-72/73 probes and they sent back a table with resistance vs temperature. Does anyone still have this? Now that I have a more accurate way of calculating the coefficients I'd like to run it through again. I'd rather not bother the Maverick people if I don't have to after they've beer gracious enough to provide it. I seem to have misplaced the copy I saved.

Bam! That is exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't seem to find the right keywords to get the search to work. Now I just gotta type all that in and we'll see how far off our current coefficients are!

Interested to see what you come up with and if there are any changes in coefficients. I'm using one of the "high heat smoker probe" ET-73's linked from the Wiki as a pit probe in a test smoke right now... and it's so far off that I can't even use it for pit temp.. the thermocouple and old school analog thermometer on my UDS are in agreement with temp, while the et-73 is about 45 degrees low.

I came up with slightly different coefficients but the error I think is less than 1 degree from 30C to 200C.

2.4723753e-04,2.3402251e-04,1.3879768e-07

Cool, will pop them in now :) I have my old PID on fan duty right now, so .. good testing opportunity. will let you know.

I just popped in the new ET-72/73 values. Looks like the temp dropped about a degree or so with the new values. I'll have to see how it shakes out during a real cook instead of just monitoring the temp of my kitchen :)

mGPJkVzl.png

New values worked good for me. Popped them in towards the end of a brisket cook and let the HM do its thing, and, I was happy with the results. Also fired it up to do some burnt ends the next day and had good accuracy between all of my probes on the HM (2 mavericks, 1 CDN), the analog gauge on my UDS, and a thermocouple.

Forgot to grab the graph during cook..oops.. but looks like I left the HM plugged in all day yesterday.. these values are "good enough" for me, I'm not a stickler on 100% accuracy.

hm.png

Back