Lodge griddle LPG13 is a gamechanger

Scott Smith

TVWBB Pro
My personal story about the biggest Lodge griddle:

I found mine in a second hand store for $10, but after living with it, I would happily have paid ten times that much. I should have bought mine twenty years ago.

It lives on my gas stove. I use it virtually every day. My son says "Dad, you use that thing a lot". It's biggest superpower lies in it's ability to harness the power and space of two burners at the same time. For a big family breakfast of hash browns and bacon and eggs, I wish I had another one for the other side of the stove. The griddle reminds me of a mini version of a restaurant's flat top.

Stuff that this thing excels at:

8 pancakes/french toast at a time
1 lb. of sausage at a time
Bacon (not the full pound, unfortunately)
Burgers
Hash browns
Eggs to order
Giant rolled up omelettes
Cooking Italian sausages in the casings
I don't think you could scratch it if you tried

Stuff it doesn't do so well at:

Food you have to stir around (like browning chopped meat). There isn't much edge to keep everything contained
Impossible to cool it quickly if starting a different dish at a lower temperature
Awkward and heavy to take out of the oven

Care:

Grease it when it looks dry (every couple batches of pancakes, for example). I've used butter, vegetable oil, and bacon grease
Hand wash as needed and leave on the stove. Often a simple paper towel is all that is needed. Don't leave it wet to rust
I use a metal spatula

Cool tricks:

The back works for roasting (obviously)
The handles are designed to stay slightly cooler by moving them away from the heat and into the air
The drip trough features "ramps" on the ends so you can slide stuff out if it falls in
Opposite the drip trough is a sharp corner for scraping off your spatula
I rest the dirty edge of my spatula right on the grille
Stays hot after heat is removed
Works just as well on a Weber (or other) grill
Also fits absolutely perfectly on a two-burner Coleman camp stove

Back