lid holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
does weber sell the lid holders that r on the performers? I want a kettle but i want a lid holder also. Really cant afford a performer and dont have the room. So ideally a gold with lid holder. Maybe if i told weber i had a performer with a broke holder they would sell me a new one?
icon_wink.gif

Guys I have been able to order the holder direct from Weber customer service. I just explained that I was fixing up an older performer that was given to a friend. It's part #63058 Replacement Lid Bale/Brackets.

There isn't much to it, seems like you could drill 3 holes, mount the hardware and you're off to the races. My performer was missing the holder when I bought it, I think I replaced the whole thing for less than $20. It is a great feature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Glenn do you notice any gap or leak from the clips? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very little, have done 5 indirect cooks with it and have had to adjust maybe 10% less on vents than I used to. Sure is nice to slide the lid over. Much better than the performer system, IMHO!

The slide-aside attachment is more functional than the Performer's tuck-away lid holder - the slide-aside provides significantly better clearance from the grill's cooking surface.

The one thing I have noticed with the Tuck-away holder is all of the lids seem to get dinged up-at least all the ones I have acquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back