Leg of Lamb

M D Baldwin

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey, for all of you lamb lovers, I think we are sort of a cult here on the Virtual Weber Bullet. Not that I don't love ribs, briskit, etc.. But good lamb is THE best. Maybe Chris can give us our seperate forum.
As I usally mention, I am blessed w/ a great butcher. He raises organic free range livestock and it is always fresh.
Another leg of lamb we love is this: Take a leg bone-in or boneless, but w/ bone is better in my opinion. Try to have a little fat on it to help flavor it. With a paring knife poke the leg about an inch or so deep and stud the holes w/ sliced cloves of garlic. put into are large plastic bag and add some olive oil, wine-white or red, Worchestershire sauce, Herbs de Provance, kosher salt and pepper. Squeeze all of the air out of the bag and put in the fridge overnight.
Fire up the Kettle, use indirect heat, add some Mesquite and apple and cook. Take off when the temp hit about 140. Let it rest, carve and enjoy.

I agree.
In Australia Lamb is the most popular meat on the BBQ after grilled steaks.
I have posted a couple of my favourite recipes for you to try.
Most of the time I like to do Lamb legs or shoulders slowly and remove when they get to an internal temperature of 72 C (about 160 F) and then double wrap it in foil and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. The double wrapping helps retain the heat.

Regards

Back