Keri's Confetti Corn Pudding

Keri C

TVWBB Wizard
We fed 35 friends and neighbors in the back yard this last weekend, and I had several requests for this recipe (including one from a member of this board, Thom H, who just assumed that I would post it here eventually!
icon_smile.gif
It's kind of cornbread-ish, kind of sweet, kind of savory, and, when cool, can be cut in squares and eaten out of hand or with a fork, either one.

Here ya go, Tom...

I made two 13x9 pans, both of which were polished off. It's quick and easy to put together, and goes well with BBQ too. Enjoy!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Keri's Confetti Corn Pudding

Recipe By : Taste of Home, modified by Keri Cathey
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package cream cheese -- (8 ounces) softened
3 eggs -- beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 package Jiffy corn bread/muffin mix -- (8-1/2 ounces)
1 can cream-style corn -- (16-1/2 ounces)
2 1/3 cups fresh -- frozen or canned sweet corn
1 cup half-n-half OR milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)

In a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Keri

Thanks for memorializing the corn pudding recipe. Gosh it was good, and while everyone else was having seconds, thirds, and fourths of your tantalizing brisket, pork, ribs and chicken, I kept cutting out small wedges of the corn puddin'. Then I snuck out with some wondrous leftover smoked meats we had for dinner that night.
It looks like this would be easy to mix up the day before and throw in the oven later. Also it was very good served at room temp., as was the case at your bodacious picnic buffet!

Thanks,
T.

Ah, shucks, Tom, t'weren't nuthin' - just havin' a little fun cookin'. Oh, Cassie the Schnauzer says to tell Gayle that she's ready for her to come back and visit some more, 'cause she's not getting her fair share of sneaky bites now, and she really prefers brisket and rib meat to dry kibble!
icon_wink.gif

I wondered about making the batter up ahead, but would the leavening in the cornbread mix suffer, do you think?

kc

Back