Just wondering?

Mac

TVWBB Guru
Does anybody NOT have issues with their ATC? After reading most of this thread it seems like the're more of a hassle than they might be worth. Or is it "The squeeky wheel gets the grease" situation?

Sorry, but what problems? I have two stokers and they work perfectly (there is one known bug on start-up but that is it). I read every post here and rarely if ever read about anyone having an issue with any of them.

Is there a specific post that got you worried this way?

I have not had problems with my Stoker either. It just works. Solid as a brick in my opinion...

Most folks don't have problems with the Stoker itself but more likely the problems you see are configuration questions about setting up their home network, wireless routers, remote access, using with mobile phones, and the like, none of which affect the Stoker's ability to hold stable temps. I have had my network go down, my computer crash, etc, but the Stoker just keeps on working without missing a beat.

Also folks have problems with customer service, but I think Rock's is trying hard to improve in this regard... Poor customer service doesn't make the product bad but the overall experience could be better. Just my two cents...

I love my stoker. With the newest stoker log V6.6 it is great.

I have placed several orders for stoker accessories (extra sensors) and the shipments were very quick!

No stokers issues here. Stoker works well all by itself. Many of us stoker users hook up the stoker to our computer network using wireless bridges and routers and use Amir's stokerlog program to monitor the stoker and control it. This introduces other points of failure and setting up the network can be frustrating for non-geek types. Any problems I have encountered have been related to the wireless connection not the stoker or stokerlog program.

Amir activly updates the stokerlog program to address new issues (wireless connectivity being one) and he continues to add new features like twitter and timed cooks. In developing this software he releases test versions and like any other beta software their are bugs to be worked out. You dont have to use a computer or network to use a stoker, but it sure makes it more fun. I giggle everytime I get an email at work from my stoker telling me everything is cooking nicely.

Steve

Back