June 29th is...National Waffle Iron Day (Recipe)

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Nat'l Waffle Iron Day 🧇

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
Turn on the waffle iron to heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth.
Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray or coat with vegetable oil. Pour batter onto hot iron and cook until golden.

Last edited by a moderator:
20230626_205300.jpg

Sometimes I substitute 1 cup of buttermilk.

I melt the butter. Add a little milk to make sure it is cool enough to add the eggs. I then whisk the eggs in until the butter is emulsified with the eggs, then I wisk the remaining milk in.

Dry is whisked together in a separate bowl. Dry over wet, not over mixed.

Let stand for 20 mins.

20230626_193943.jpg

I guess I was a couple of days early..

Last edited:
Nat'l Waffle Iron Day

Waffles

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
Turn on the waffle iron to heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth.
Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray or coat with vegetable oil. Pour batter onto hot iron and cook until golden.
DH made these for breakfast this morning. We both thought they were just "good".

Next time we will try Dans version.
The milk or buttermilk is supposed to be room temp. I measure it out and pop the measuring cup in the microwave for 30 secs.

Eggs at room temp also help.

The vanilla extract sounds good. I might try that next time.

Enjoy

I think I would have liked it better with a little bit more Vanilla extract. :unsure:

I also like your idea of using buttermilk. Mmmmmm

The recipe as written with 1C Milk 1C buttermilk is good. Thick and fluffy. I use a muffin spoon scoop to get it into the waffle iron without deflating the batter.

The Pic above is thinner on request to have a crisper waffle when I cooked chicken and waffles.

Back