Jalapeño Garlic Ribs

Bob Bailey

TVWBB Wizard
Started out with a 5# slab of Smithfield Extra Tender spares and trimmed down close to St. Louis. Did a 50/50 blend of McCormick minced garlic and some coarse ground dehydrated Jalapeños from last year's garden. Moderately coated with the mix followed by a light sprinkle of Kosher salt and a moderate sprinkle of restaurant grind black pepper.
[ ]
Fired up the pellet pooper with Pit Boss Competition blend and set to 300 degrees. Laid the slab (bones down) and trimmings directly on the grate and let her rip for 90 minutes. Wrapped the slab up in foil (nothing added) and put back on for another 45 minutes (bones up). Didn't wrap the trimmings. Probed tender, so let them rest for 10 minutes and served with coleslaw and some honey with lime juice on the side.

Sorry but I forgot to take a pic of the finished product. This is what was left after Miriam and I ate supper.
[ ]
I'll cut the black pepper down to a light sprinkle next time. While it did contribute to a great bark, it overpowered the Jalapeño flavor. Great ribs at any rate. Just a bit on the peppery side.

Back