Is there something wrong with me?

There's a Ranch Kettle in very nice shape near me, asking price is $500, and I'm not the least bit tempted. Do I just not yet have a sufficiently severe case of Weberitis?

Do you have a box of tissues nearby?

There's a Ranch Kettle in very nice shape near me, asking price is $500, and I'm not the least bit tempted. Do I just not yet have a sufficiently severe case of Weberitis?
you sound smart to me! a 22 kettle and a 14 WSM are all I need - I can cook anything I've come across with the two cookers. But I check marketplace all the time for some item I may consider unique or desirable.

Still - it is a cheap hobby, gets me outside and talking to the neighbors. And grilling/bbq in the yard really has nothing to do with flashy tricks - it's just good cooking and conversation.

I think you are alright. It easy to have the Weberitis and not feel the need for a ranch kettle. It’s a specialty kettle, and takes up an ungodly amount of room for the amount of use it might get . The ranch kettle in my opinion really started to lose some of its want with hard core Weber folks when the 22” WSM came into circulation. With all that said it is a pretty cool kettle and gets more attention from others even when I am
Not cooking on it.

I'm with the OP in so much as having zero interest in a Ranch Kettle. But I can not tell a lie, I would bought it just to flip it.

Back