TVWBB Olympian
2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 slices bacon
1/2 small head cabbage, chopped
1 large onion
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup butter, melted

Place potatoes in a saucpan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15-20 min, or until tender.
Place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly browned. Drain, reserving drippings, crumble and set aside. In the reserved drippings, saute` the cabbage and onion until soft and translucent. Putting a lid on the pan helps the vegetables cook faster.
Drain the cooked potatoes, mash with milk and season with salt & pepper. Fold in the bacon cabbage and onions, then transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the melted butter. Serve immediately, Enjoy!

A COLCANNON with some........BACON, BRILLIANT!
(Sorry)
icon_biggrin.gif
That Imo is what comfort food is all about.
Timothy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
A COLCANNON with some........BACON, BRILLIANT!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wasn't trying to be Brilliant, I was just posting a recipe for Irish Potatoes since no recipes for the dish was posted here. You had the chance to post a recipe for them since Jan of 08. Why do you have to trash my post for a recipe? Have I ever trashed one of your posts? No I've tried to help you. I just don't get it
icon_confused.gif

Bryan, I guess you took this the wrong way, Saint pat's day, the Guinness beer commercial, brilliant as meaning thats a good idea for a recipe. Your a good guy Bryan, no disrespect was meant.
I hope that makes sense, if not shoot me a email
Thanks Timothy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
Bryan, I guess you took this the wrong way, Saint pat's day, the Guinness beer commercial, brilliant as meaning thats a good idea for a recipe.
Thanks Timothy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I did and I'm sorry.
icon_redface.gif
I thought you meant bacon in Irish potatoes, brilliant, no really? show me one that doesn't have bacon or meat in them, since that's one of the key ingredients that makes them Irish potatoes. We're good Bud.
icon_smile.gif

Back