Introduction

Thanks for the welcome.
Im working on it. Thought that while burning in the pit, I would be productive by gauging temperature settings. My thought process was to do a complete temperature profile on the pit. Probably overthinking it. The lowest setting, with one burner (center) settled in at 300°F with oven thermometer inside the hood, and indicated 310°F. Wanted to know how low temps would get for low and slow BBQ'n. I have been cooking (smoking) on a large 24" dia steel pit (Gator Pit Entertainer) for many years. At 75, Im giving it up and hoping to learn about grilling, and possibly smoking meats low ans slow with gas. Long story short, Im gonna be eatin a lot faster than with my stick burner.

Welcome! As another new member, we can learn together. Poke around the site - you will learn a lot. Check out the blog entries in "Virtual Weber Gas Grill" - there are many helpful articles there, too.

Welcome! As another new member, we can learn together. Poke around the site - you will learn a lot. Check out the blog entries in "Virtual Weber Gas Grill" - there are many helpful articles there, too.
I will be doing a lot of reading... Thanks.

Back