I picked up a freeby Genesis 2000 redhead

Jim Owen

TVWBB Fan
It does not have the hinge pins for the firebox hood. I am wondering where I can source a couple. I have looked around a bit, but can't find them. I will post a couple of picks later, but it is in ok shape, has a small pinhole in the firebox, enamel and frame are good. It needs new flavorizers, grates and probably burners.

It does not have the hinge pins for the firebox hood. I am wondering where I can source a couple. I have looked around a bit, but can't find them. I will post a couple of picks later, but it is in ok shape, has a small pinhole in the firebox, enamel and frame are good. It needs new flavorizers, grates and probably burners.
Weber part 88206 should cover this. Includes the pins and their retaining pins.

If you are talking about the pins that hold the hood to the firebox, they are called clevis pins. You can get them at any hardware store including home depot and lowes. Ace hardware carries stainless steel versions of them also if you don't want to deal with rust down the road. Don't forget you need the clips that lock them in also.

You can get the Clevis pins at the Home Depot although this is the price when I bought them, it may be different now.

Stainless Steel Clevis Pin 1/4 x 1-1/2, Everbilt 836538 ea. @ $3.48 x 2
Hitch Pin Clip 1/4" 2 pack, Everbilt 809608 @ $0.85

Back