I need a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Dimirsky

TVWBB Super Fan
I just bought a 1995 Red Performer. I called Weber for the Ash catcher ring bar that holds up the ash catcher. They no longer have them. Does anyone know anywhere that might have one?

My performer still has the bar but its pretty rusty and its bent so that the ash catcher is not snug to the bottom of the bowl. I'm afraid that if I try to bend it back, it will break. Thanks for any info.

Wayne

Wayne - if you have a Dremmel tool, you can buy the "modern day" ash catcher ring. It attaches to the bowl via three tabs that fit into slots cut into the leg stubs on the Performer.

You can use the Dremmel with a cutting blade to cut the slots into the leg stubs on your '95 and then just click the tabs into the slots.

This is what I did when I fixed up my '92 Performer last year. The ash catcher bar was in about the same shape as yours and there was no ash catcher ring on the grill. Weber didn't have the old style in stock, so I opted for a mod. It works great.

Hope this helps but if you don't want to go that route, let me know - you can have my ash catcher ring bar for the shipping.

Pat

It's not really clear to me what you are looking for, but I do have a semi-new ring that snaps into the bottom of the kettle that the ash catcher fits into. If this is what you are looking for let me know.

Pat, thanks for the info and the offer of your old bar. Let me know how much the shipping would be and I will take it. Thanks. I did order a new style ash catcher ring so I may do the mod you did. I would rather not cut into the leg stubs if I don't have to.

Gary, on the older Performers there is a metal bar that attaches to the bottom of the bowl where the one touch handle comes through the bowl and attaches to the ash catcher ring and holds it in place up against the bottom of the bowl. If you go to the Weber website and look at the schematics for the pre 2000 performer, you will see what I'm talking about. I'm hoping to be able to find one somewhere. I may see if I can somehow salvage mine. Thanks again.

Wayne

Gary, that is the part I need. Weber said they don't have them listed for sale anymore. I talked to two different woman in CS. The second woman said they had them and then discovered they were not listed anymore. The first woman said that two other people had called asking for that part today. That should tell them that they need to keep producing them.

My current bar is rusty and bent so that the ash catcher ring doesn't fit snug up against the bowl. It doesn't look like it can be saved.

I guess I will have to figure something out.

Wayne

Wayne - will do!!

I'll get it ready this weekend and find out how much it'll be to ship - shouldn't be too much.

The cut into the leg stubs is pretty small. After I made the cut, I hit it with several coats of hi temp paint for a little protection.

I'll be in touch.

Pat

Wayne, I have a brand new extra one, PM me your addy and I will drop it in the mail. I think they produce it, but it is just hit or miss...they may produce some, sit on them, produce more later..not sure. If you want it...let me know

Gary, I would greatly appreciate that. Its the only thing I can't get to complete this project. Weber did not offer to put me on any waiting list for this part. I even mentioned that someone on a Weber forum had just got some from them in Feb(referring to you) but they said that they were not going to make them anymore.

Can you tell me how to PM so I can give you my address? I can't seem to find the place to do it. I added you to my buddy list but I'm now stuck.

Pat, since Gary has been so generous to let me have one of his new bars, I won't need yours. I greatly appreciate the offer. Thanks again guys.

Wayne

Guys, I can't seem to figure out how to PM people. If someone can tell me how to do this, I would appreciate it. I need to PM the two Gary's and don't know how. Thanks.

Wayne

PS. Man, I feel stupid. I know it can't be that hard.

Ok, I can check later, let me know what Gary McD Has, I wouldnt want both of us to send you a bracket. I got an extra just for an occasion like this, where someone needs one, since they are so limited

Hi Gary, I think Gary McD has the ring and not the bar and looking back at his post up above, I think its the newer ring and not the one that goes on my Performer. I am waiting for him to respond to verify what he has. I don't need a newer ring since I ordered one when I ordered the rest of my parts because the CS lady told me it would work. Reading some of the other posts on here after that, it seems that the newer ring will not work unless you do some modifications. I really don't need a ring since mine is in pretty good shape, but its not perfect. Take care.

wayne

Gotcha...yeah the old ring is impossible to find...at least you have that. I can check my email tomorrow morn..I will send it to you next week. Get some high temp paint...put several layers on the bracket. The reason it goes to crap are the hot coals land on this, and it starts to rust. After I grill I dont sweep the ash until the following day, that way no hot coals land on it. The high temp paint will make it last forever. Call me cautious but the old school stuff is hard to come by so ya got to take care of it. I will email you tomorrow.

Thanks. I was planning on painting it to so the bar will last. I bought some hi temp paint today to paint the frame, bowl, and lid. I just need to touch up a few areas on the bowl and lid and I plan on painting the entire frame. I plan on taking some pictures tomorrow if the weather will get better. Take care.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back