Homemade Blackstone Wind Screen

GrantT

TVWBB Pro
Need something to help keep the surface at maximum temperature with a lot of the chilly weather we get here, regardless what time of year. In the winter months, still allows me to use the grill - without the windscreens the wind sucks away all the heat. Also stops grease splatters too! Grease splatter on the engineered wood decks really suck to get off!!

Made with some aluminum sheet I had kicking around, some smaller aluminum bar stock, and some rivets. They just fit over the sides.

Setup and ready to from the last smashburger cook!
1717789400197.png

The side pieces...
1717789535786.png

The back piece...
1717789627284.png

Also conveniently sized to store inside the grill or for transportion. The pieces are also easy cleaned by tossing them in the dishwasher too.
1717789702559.png

Need something to help keep the surface at maximum temperature with a lot of the chilly weather we get here, regardless what time of year. In the winter months, still allows me to use the grill - without the windscreens the wind sucks away all the heat. Also stops grease splatters too! Grease splatter on the engineered wood decks really suck to get off!!

Made with some aluminum sheet I had kicking around, some smaller aluminum bar stock, and some rivets. They just fit over the sides.

Setup and ready to from the last smashburger cook!
View attachment 92775

The side pieces...
View attachment 92778

The back piece...
View attachment 92779

Also conveniently sized to store inside the grill or for transportion. The pieces are also easy cleaned by tossing them in the dishwasher too.
View attachment 92780
Pretty nice. You should be marketing these

Nice fix there.
I like it.

I need to get off my butt and work on mine.
I would like to seal that little gap on the sides of my 36” Blackstone.
It overheats or melts anything on my shelves that is near it.
Really a bad design on their part.

Looks great, I got 1 off of Amazon for my 17", works well and has a small rack that sets on top to keep done food warm while you do the rest.

I would like to seal that little gap on the sides of my 36” Blackstone.
They make small wind guards that cover that gap. I bought a set for mine along with a silicone protective cover.
I seen a guy on you tube use cheap dollar store dough scrappers to do the same thing.
He just flips them over around the edges.
1718024103597.png

@GrantT

Looks like a great idea. I'm not a metallurgist but I've read about corrosion caused by aluminum and steel including stainless steel and am wondering if the wind screen made of aluminum will contribute to corrosion of the griddle if left on for a while, or the burners if left inside for a while.

@GrantT

Looks like a great idea. I'm not a metallurgist but I've read about corrosion caused by aluminum and steel including stainless steel and am wondering if the wind screen made of aluminum will contribute to corrosion of the griddle if left on for a while, or the burners if left inside for a while.

Highly unlikely unless they are there untouched for a LONG time. Also, not to mention a bit of greasy residue on everything.

Back