Hi from Rochester, NY

Matt-NY

Greetings, everyone. On Saturday I picked up my new-to-me $100 red SS Performer. Thanks to the helpful people on this board for posting dimensions that were very useful in my preparation to transport it home (turns out I had nothing to worry about).

It joins my first Weber which is red-lid Genesis 3000 gasser that is apparently too old to have any mfg. date information. I inherited it from my grandparents and gave it a cosmetic restoration a few years ago. It could use a deep cleaning and some touch-ups now as well as new burners, grates, and the proper gas hose to hook up the new-in-box side burner that I found locally for it. Shortly after that I also acquired a 1988-ish vintage red 22.5 that I cleaned up and converted to master-touch spec. I was excited to find it after a year of looking on marketplace, craigslist, and estate sales for a red one. I only paid $30 for it but it is missing a fair bit of porcelain and the lid has signs of having been dropped a time or two.

I'm slowly gaining experience with cooking. I've had great luck smoking in the kettle with a slow-n-sear and just ordered a vortex to try some wings or thighs. I'm trying to restrain myself from becoming a full-blown collector but Webers are such a useful, fun, iconic, and high quality item - exactly the type of thing I like collecting / hoarding.

Glad to be here and learning from the community!

Welcome from Kalona, IA. Sounds like you have the beginnings of Weberitis. Hard not to become a collector. Like you said they are useful, fun, iconic and high quality. All great reasons for getting more than one! Enjoy!

Back