Hi from Adelaide South Australia

Jeff Cornell

Hi, I'm Jeff from Adelaide in Australia. I'm a retired National Operations Manager and I now have time to resurrect my 1979 Original GAS Kettle Weber. I'm hoping by joining this forum that I can get information on where to source parts, especially wooden handles. My problem, I guess with many other people with older types of cookers, is that I have a full comprehensive parts list but (so I know what I need) I can no longer get any support from the manufacturer either here in Australia or in the US. Any help I can get from you folk will be greatly appreciated. Regards

Welcome, Jeff you’re in the right place and you’ll find members here are vey willing and able to help and advise.

Hi Jeff, WELCOME!!!!!!

I know you will find the information you are looking for here on this site. Once you do, hope you will stick around and share your cooks with us. Just what do Australians like to grill?

Hi, I'm Jeff from Adelaide in Australia. I'm a retired National Operations Manager and I now have time to resurrect my 1979 Original GAS Kettle Weber. I'm hoping by joining this forum that I can get information on where to source parts, especially wooden handles. My problem, I guess with many other people with older types of cookers, is that I have a full comprehensive parts list but (so I know what I need) I can no longer get any support from the manufacturer either here in Australia or in the US. Any help I can get from you folk will be greatly appreciated. Regards
Hi Jeff,

Welcome.

Can you please post a pic of your gas kettle.

Close up of the handle area would be great.

Or maybe start a new thread in the charcoal kettle forum with specific questions. I think the gas kettle may have more in common with the charcoal kettles than the other gas grills and a post there may get more visibility from the kettle experts.

I had one of the original gas kettles many years ago. If I remember correctly, the wooden handles were the
same as those of the charcoal kettles from that era. Enjoy your gas kettle!

Back