Help with 26" One-Touch Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
I just purchased a used 26" One-Touch Silver kettle. It has the wood handles and the One-Touch Cleaning system but not the ash catcher and Tuck-Away lid holder that comes with the OTG. It is an early 1990's model. My question is can the Ash Catcher and the Tuck-Away lid holder be installed on this grill?
Any sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.
P.S. the wood handles have seen better days and are starting to crack. Will the plastic ones fit on this grill?

try and keep the wood. sand and treat with mineral oil. i have some that are cracked but since treating them they have not gotten worse.

or send me the wood and i'll send ya my white plastic ones from my ots.
icon_smile.gif

never mind. according to weber they got differant part #'s.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
or send me the wood and i'll send ya my white plastic ones from my ots.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://store.weber.com/items/?pid=1115

You might try this for the lid holder. I have them on 3 of my grills 4th one is in the works. Try Ace Hardware, there a little more but it has instant statisfactin.
BTW congrates on your score. I picked up my resent CL score in Roseville also.

Oops ,
icon_rolleyes.gif
I forgot to mention that Amazon didn't have any in stock. I'm trying help the forum out when ever I have the chance.

I have the same grill you just got. The handles aren't a problem - but the OTG style ash cannister will not fit on this grill. On a 22 the cannister snaps into place around the leg brackets. On the new 26 it's the same cannister, but the leg slots are farther apart, so Weber added additional brackets on the kettle for holding the cannister in place. Your 26 doesn't have these brackets - so without some serious modifications the cannister won't fit.

I have a Silver grill, and I have no problems with the ash system on it. Use the existing pan as a shelf for a disposable aluminum tray or for a large coffee can. Cleanup is as simple as dumping out the tray/can and it doesn't cost much.

As much as the Gold's ash system must be (never used one), I don't really see the benefit outweighing the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back