HELP Just got Stoker, got Network setup, but can't get it to work on iPHONE?

tucker marks

Okay, I have a gateway.2wire.net 270gh router, I set up a couple of port forwards, 80 to 80, & a 23 to 23, I have tried both the public IP address on iphone & I have tried stoker's visible ip address that I used with stoker log, I am running a windows xp home edition, why can't my iphone pull up the data?

Also I have tried to set the alarms up on the stoker log & set the rules, but it just reverts back to the off tab, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

To confirm, you forwarded port 80 to the Stoker's IP Address. Then you typed your "external" IP address and port like this XX.XX.XX.XXX:80?

Make sure your public IP address works with your browser, if it does it could be an iphone issue with your DSL provider.

Do you have a static IP address?

Shouldn't need the ':80', this is the port the browser normally defaults to.

Curt

Okay yes the ip address works with my browser on multiple computers I have used, the ip is static so it's same everytime, the :80 i didn't think I need to do, but it still didn't work I even tried the public ip address and that was a failure surely the iphone can pull this ip address up right?

Others have reported ISPs blocking port 80 and you said you tried port 23 too, right?

Whats odd is you report that you cannot access it from within your network (using Stoker IP) and the external IP, I would expect if your iPhone is on your network it should be able to pull-up the Stoker browser using it's IP.

I should clarify I use a BlackBerry and when accessing my Stoker from outside my home network it requires the :80 at the end of the IP. Wouldn't think this is specific to BlackBerry but maybe it is.

Yeah, both internal and exteral no luck, I tried the :80, no luck not sure what the issue is and how to fix it, being able to monitor on iphone was one of major reasons for getting the stoker

Tucker, I don't have an iPhone but know many use Stoker with theirs, in-fact I've had a buddy pull-up my Stoker page on his iPhone from outside my network so I know it can be done. Hopefully someone with an iPhone will happen by and have some ideas for you. If you would like I'd be happy to setup my Stoker and provide you with the IP address and see if you can pull it up from your iPhone. This would at least allwo you to eliminate the problem being your iPhone.

My email address is listed in my profile. I'm just watching the game(s) so setting this up wouldn't be a big deal. Let me know.

Well, rest assured, Tucker . . . the one great unifying protocol amongst all of the world's Internet connected devices is http . . . the iPhone works just fine as an Internet connected device.

If I were you, I'd have a look at my firewall for the Local Area Network (LAN) where my Stoker is located. Ensure that INCOMING connections are ALLOWED on the HTTP rule and that there is a specific designation that ANY incoming rule on HTTP is forwarded to the Stoker's LAN IP address.

In my experience, that's most likely where the problem lies . . .

Good luck and please do let us know how it goes . . .

Back