Hello from Pennsylvania

Bruce-Limerick

Hello!
Found this forum while looking for ignitor troubleshooting tips for my newly acquired (from an auction) Genesis Special Edition in Brick Red (EP-320).
Its replacing my Silver B. For the auction price, it was about the same or cheaper than buying new flavorizer bars and the cast iron grates have seen better days. This got me stainless grates and flavorizer bars, along with a side burner.

I've got to do some searching to:
Figure out if 3rd party ignitor is worth saving $15 or just go with OEM.
and
Why the drip pan filled with water after a thunderstorm this morning!

Thanks
Bruce

Hi Bruce, WELCOME!!!!!!!

Born in Pa, but family moved down here in Fl. when I was 8. Always wished I had more time up north!!!

Hello!
Found this forum while looking for ignitor troubleshooting tips for my newly acquired (from an auction) Genesis Special Edition in Brick Red (EP-320).
Its replacing my Silver B. For the auction price, it was about the same or cheaper than buying new flavorizer bars and the cast iron grates have seen better days. This got me stainless grates and flavorizer bars, along with a side burner.

I've got to do some searching to:
Figure out if 3rd party ignitor is worth saving $15 or just go with OEM.
and
Why the drip pan filled with water after a thunderstorm this morning!

Thanks
Bruce
Hi Bruce, I have had good luck with aftermarket igniters. I have probably purchased about a 100 over the last few years for various Weber models. I haven’t seen any significant design differences or noticeable performance issues.

If you have a battery powered ignition you should remove the battery if you are not using the grill for long periods of time like over the winter.

Back