Hello from North Florida

Fred Wileyi

Hi, I am Fred Wiley from Marianna, Fl. I have been a Weber fan for a long time. Bought first kettle in the early 1980's. Now I have a Performa, a little vintage gas portable and NOW I picked up a 1996 Weber Genesis 1000. I am restoring it now. I am all done except for the wood tables which will be a pain since I have to find a guy to do it. , The guy gave it to me. His father had passed it on to him and he had used it many years but he wanted a new Weber gas Grill. It needed cleaning real bad, new ignition, new bars, thermometer, warming tray, a gas tank, and some touch up painting. I am so glad I found this site as it helped me so much. I will post a pic when it is finished, Prices for parts have gone up considerably since many of the post I have read so I hope my efforts will be worth it.

I have reassembled the grill except for the tables. Filled a new bottle with gas. Burners fired on first and all tries. I did not replace these. They were clean and have the original spider guards on the ends. Gas knobs were replaced with new. I ordered plastic pins to fasten the table down. Still working on those horrible cast iron grates. Thanks for your comments.

Back