Hello from Mid Michigan

Hi, I'm Duane Schnettler and I live near the Saginaw Bay in Michigan. My dad and Grandpa's always grilled so that got me into grilling. I learned to grill on a Hibachi. When I moved out I bought a Sunbeam gas grill, that only lasted a few years. Over the years I bought Char Broil and Sunbeam gas grills but they never lasted long. In 2000, I wanted a gas grill that would last awhile so I bought my first Weber grill (Genesis silver). I really liked that grill so a couple of years later I bought my dad that same grill. I grilled a lot of food on that grill. A few years ago I wanted to get into smoking food so I bought an electric Masterbuilt smoker. I smoked a lot of food with that smoker. In December I decided I wanted to get a new grill that I could also smoke with. Last month I bought the Weber Smokefire EXL4 pellet grill. It was delivered this month and I assembled it. After doing the initial burn in, I have made cube steak, burgers and smoked baby back ribs. All of the food tasted awesome. I gave my Weber gas grill to my neighbor and he was thrilled to get it. Looking forward to warmer weather and doing a brisket on the smoker.

Back