Hello from Illinois

Jessica Kim

Hello everyone! I've been a longtime reader and decided it was finally time to sign up. I love how friendly and helpful everyone is on here, and it's great to learn from the different perspectives. Thank you, Chris, for providing this wonderful forum for people to connect!

Hello everyone! I've been a longtime reader and decided it was finally time to sign up. I love how friendly and helpful everyone is on here, and it's great to learn from the different perspectives. Thank you, Chris, for providing this wonderful forum for people to connect!
Welcome Jessica & hello from St. Louis MO. We're here to share tips and tricks. Don't be shy on asking questions! If you're a long time reader you've probably got most of the basics down, and I think the forum members here do a good job of pointing back to the basics or filling in the gaps where "prior art" may not cover the specifics..

Welcome Jessica, tell us about your grill(s)!
I started with a limited edition red kettle, then a go anywhere (fun for teaching my daughter how to grill), and most recently I got an ocean blue kettle so my husband and I can each have a grill to do our own thing. We both have our own way, so it helps keep the peace! :) I kind of wish I’d gotten a performer instead of a stand-alone kettle. I’ve been on the lookout for a potential upgrade. I used to not understand why people needed more than one grill, but now I know. 😄

Welcome Jessica & hello from St. Louis MO. We're here to share tips and tricks. Don't be shy on asking questions! If you're a long time reader you've probably got most of the basics down, and I think the forum members here do a good job of pointing back to the basics or filling in the gaps where "prior art" may not cover the specifics..
Thank you!

His and hers grills - do you cook at the same time or take turns?
It depends on what we're making. Sometimes we're both out there if one of us is making dinner for that night and the other is cooking something to freeze for another day. It's easier for us to both be out there on a grill than for both of us to be in the kitchen at the same time. My husband makes a mess in the kitchen - it's hard for me to watch! If we could afford a second kitchen we'd have his and her kitchens too. :D We haven't had a cook-off yet, but I think that would be fun. I'm sure our kids would love to be the judges!

Back