Heatermeter with BGE Minimax

Hari-Bo

Currently i'm struggling with the PID settings to get it working with the BGE Minimax.
I use the default PID settings for an BGE Large but then the temp will peak more than 20C+ higher.
Does anybody use the heatermeter with an Minimax and with wich PID settings?

Are you running with a damper or just a fan? If you have overshoot (20C is a ton) then that generally indicates you're getting too much air in naturally and that HeaterMeter isn't doing anything at all. Close down the vents in that case.

If you have overshoot but HeaterMeter actually can bring the temperature down, then you can increase D to have HeaterMeter throttle back sooner, decrease P to have it apply less power, lower your startup max if it only happens on startup, or lower the normal max if it only happens once you're running.

I'm running it with an fan. Closing the top fan helps a little bit. The fan setting is changed to 25% and the peak is now 10C. There's progress :)

Currently i'm struggling with the PID settings to get it working with the BGE Minimax.
I use the default PID settings for an BGE Large but then the temp will peak more than 20C+ higher.
Does anybody use the heatermeter with an Minimax and with wich PID settings?
Where did you find the PID settings for the BGE large?

Where did you find the PID settings for the BGE large?
The defaults are designed for a BGE Large, which is what I have and do all the testing on. The PIDs were developed for blower-only, but they work great with a damper as well. It is usually less about the PIDs and more about not letting too much air get in when the output is 0%.

Back