HeaterMeter Wifi Issues

Tim Ka

I just got my Heatermeter in and I wanted to give it a try. I downloaded the newest firmware from the download website, I used Win32 to flash it like the video instructions said, I threw it in the heatermeter and when I check the website, I get nothing. The heatermeter is working, it will read the pit probe just fine. I downloaded a rasbpian image to check and everything works on that side. I was able to connect to the wifi there using the same password as normal. I'm kind of at a loss of what to try next. The only thing that might complicate it is that I'm using a google wifi system with 3 access points. If anyone has any ideas of what's going on, please let me know.

Edit: I also only get a red flashing light on the pi. When I had it hooked up to test the wifi in raspbian I got a green light as well. I'm assuming that's an indication that it's not all working as it should.

Edit 2: I tried to reset the values on the heatermeter and I think it defaulted back to thermometer when I have a K type so not I have like 400 degree readings. Apparently, the only way to change that is to access the web UI which I still can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do without Wifi. Can anyone please offer some advice on this?

Edit 3: I tried downloading the latest development snapshot instead of the latest stable release (V14) and that seems to have worked. I now have a green light on the pi and It is connected to the network. Not just to configure things back on the probe side, dial in the PID and get to cooking!

Last edited:
I also had this issue when setting up my headless unit using the latest V14 stable release.
When I checked the wifi credentials in the file they were not uncommented. Once I uncommented everything worked fine.

I also had this issue when setting up my headless unit using the latest V14 stable release.
When I checked the wifi credentials in the file they were not uncommented. Once I uncommented everything worked fine.
They will be commented out after they've been applied. If you go back and look again you should see they're commented out now.

Back