Heatermeter Alarm Call

Malvin C

TVWBB Member
I used to have my heatermeter setup so that when the alarm went off it would call my phone. I believe I found the way to do this here on these boards but can't seem to find it. I know I had it working, just can't remember how it was setup. Does anyone else have this function setup and can share the process?

If by call you mean SMS or email, that's in the "Alarms" webui page. Make sure you have a threshold set, it is enabled, and there is a checkbox for the type of notification you want. Save & Apply at the bottom of the page to save it.

This relies on the email client being setup as well, under Services -> STMP Client. You'll need to enter your email settings here from whoever provides your email for it to work. If it is set to "heatermeter.com" for the server, that no longer works because Amazon hosting blocks the traffic now.

If by call you mean SMS or email, that's in the "Alarms" webui page. Make sure you have a threshold set, it is enabled, and there is a checkbox for the type of notification you want. Save & Apply at the bottom of the page to save it.

This relies on the email client being setup as well, under Services -> STMP Client. You'll need to enter your email settings here from whoever provides your email for it to work. If it is set to "heatermeter.com" for the server, that no longer works because Amazon hosting blocks the traffic now.
No. Somehow, I had the ability to receive an phone call when an alarm went off. I've been doing some more digging and think it was something through IFTTT. Pretty sure the SMS message trigger a phone call. What was nice was it was always from the same number and I saved that as a contact. Even if my phone was set to do not disturb, it would still ring through. It was particularly helpful for overnight cooks.

Feel like I followed Steve’s post in this thread with good results.

Back