Grill Cleaners

Cody Bratton

TVWBB Pro
I’ve seen a few posts in various threads about what people use to clean grates, cook boxes, etc. I am curious what everyone’s go to cleaning/soaking solution is. I’ve got a bunch of grates and flavor bars that I’m going to attempt a long term soak on, in a large bin. I just found this online at Menards and I think $10 is pretty reasonable for a gallon. I’m guessing I’ll need two to get everything submerged. I also wonder if a week long soak in vinegar would break down the cooked on stuff. As vinegar is pretty cheap. All input welcomed!

Attachments

• 26509C33-B428-46DD-8005-9162AA67264D.png
    26509C33-B428-46DD-8005-9162AA67264D.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 11
Great stuff! I used to own an automotive repair shop and used Zep to clean transmission parts. Made crusty aluminum look like new and did a great job of degreasing most everything else. For caked on crud, I used it full strength in a spray bottle. Amazed the price is still so reasonable.

I have had great luck with Zep products as well in the auto body industry. I ended up getting Zep Citrus industrial food grade degreaser that’s meant to be diluted. 1 gallon yields 16. I grabbed a spray bottle of the 505 to try.

Back