Griddle insert (#6789) for genesis ii E410, grease trap question, plus compatibility question

I have the Genesis ii e410 4-burner. It was the new design that came out in 2017?. Grease trap is in the middle of my pull-out tray.

Everywhere I look online, the specification for the 4-burner rust resistant carbon steel griddle insert that replaces the grates state that the insert will work on any Genesis model from 2016 in later.

The Weber website, when I used its online wizard to look for a griddle insert, indicated that the 4-burner carbon steel (#6789) It's not compatible with my Genesis ii.

So I am getting conflicting information. I don't know why the website is saying it's not compatible. When the specifications on the product seem to indicate that it is.

1. Could it be that the grease trap on Newer Genesis models have the grease tray in the back right corner, and my grease trap is in the center of the cooking service, And that's why Weber is stating it's not compatible?

2. Has anyone used the rust resistance carbon steel griddle inserts on Genesis models that have the grease tray in the center like mine?

2.1. Do you have any issues with pushing the grease to the back right corner where it eventually does get to the grease trap in the center?

2.2. do any extra greasy foods, I'm thinking a pound of bacon, cause an issue with too much grease flowing from the back right corner to the center grease tray?

Thanks in advance. I am really interested in this griddle and don't want to purchase a standalone flat top if I don't have to.

Back