Green lightning shrimp

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
More or less followed the recipe linked below.

Jalapeño, scallions, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, EVOO.

20230422_192429.jpg

Hot cast iron. Quick cook.
20230422_192743.jpg20230422_193028.jpg

Steamed rice with cilantro infused butter, salt and lime juice.

And a couple onion rings for some crunch.

20230422_193530.jpg

20230422_221312.jpg

Last edited:
They were yummy.

It was the first time I made these. I went light on the jalapeño and heavy on the garlic. The scallion garlic cilantro flavor was delicious. Next time I'll add more jalapeño.

The rice was also a winner. I'll make that again.

And store bought frozen onion rings cooked in the air fryer are just too easy.

That plate is a pic of beauty. Can you also feed us your rice recipe? I'm still a horrible rice cooker when it comes to adding flavor :cry:

That plate is a pic of beauty. Can you also feed us your rice recipe? I'm still a horrible rice cooker when it comes to adding flavor :cry:
2 1/4 cup jasmine rice
Water to cook rice

4 Oz butter
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Juice of two limes
Salt to taste

I use a rice cooker. The serving measure it came with is 3/4 cup, and this was three measures or 2 1/4 cups of jasmine rice. Water is filled to the line inside marked 3.

Melted a stick of salted butter. Added about a quarter cup of finely chopped cilantro. Cooked it for a minute, poured over the cooked rice, squeezed lime juice, added a little salt.

20230423_101247.jpg

Last edited:
@BFletcher I love that rice cooker. It is a unitasker but so simple. Measure rice, add water, plug in and when the rice is done it "dings".

It can cook 2 to 10 measures, yet 3 measures is the smallest amount of rice that cooks well.

I forget how old this one is but it's been going strong for a long time.

Back